3.1. The promotion of human rights (as set out in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and subsequent UN Human Rights conventions and declarations) throughout the world by all or any of the following means:
- monitoring abuses of human rights;
- obtaining redress for the victims of human rights abuse;
- relieving need among the victims of human rights abuse;
- research into human rights issues;
- educating the public about human rights;
- providing technical advice to government and others on human rights matters;
- commenting on proposed human rights legislation;
- eliminating infringements of human rights.
- In furtherance of that object but not otherwise, the trustees shall have power;
To engage in political activity provided that the trustees are satisfied that the proposed activities will further the purposes of the charity to an extent justified by the resources committed and the activity is not the dominant means by which the charity carries out its objects.
3.2. The relief of financial need including assistance to the victims of natural or other kinds of disaster.
Visit the Ararat Heritage website: http://www.ararat-heritage.org.uk/